Sunday, August 06, 2006

A Saturday with Fireworks..

Afternoon, was spent window-shopping with a friend at Suntec..so just jalan jalan..chat chat..before I'm supposed to meet my secondary group of friends..for a birthday celebration..No choice, so we parted our ways..and I went off to meet my friends at PizzaHut..

Been a long time..never makan at PizzaHut le...

We ordered the 'newly promoted' Cheesy Bites and two other regular pizzas..Cheesy Bites wasn't as tasty as it was described...I mean the stuffed crust..it's NOT cheesy enough..just a little bit of it only..I think I'm eating more of the crust than the cheese..The service was bad..took such a long time to deliver our 2 other pizzas after we had our Cheesy Bites...Sighz. (fast forward...) We had our cake-cutting for our Birthday Boy..The cake's soooo.. cute..Haha. My friends bought for him a cake with MiniToons characters, Tasmania, Tweety, Bugs Bunny and Daffy...Look so kiddish..Haha. Feels so full after eating the lunch + cake (big piece somemore..aww).. Very Sinful!!!

It was 7pm after our meal, and we proceeded to Esplanade to catch our fireworks..The Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006..presented by the Italy Team..Damn Crowded..A lot of people were already standing on the Bridge..so we proceed walking down..hoping to find a good spot..until we reached the Merlion..then we found some good spots..the front row..(the steps beside the Merlion) No one was sitting the front row because of the tides..So while waiting, a security guard came and told us off..and asked us to move away...So we moved lor..tried to squeeze ourselves within some empty spaces on the 3rd/4th steps..As time passes, there is more crowds...a few people started to seat the front row..So we proceed to take back our front row seats..Hahaa..

So 9.00pm..Mr Excellency, S.R. Nathan arrived, and then proceed to officiate the Opening of the Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006. Spectacular fireworks follows..the first few minutes of fireworks was ordinary..Then after that, came the excitement when you get to see specially-made fireworks of different designs and colour combinations..not to forget special effects!! I just 'wow-ed' all the way till the last few minutes of the show..(sorry no photographs..cos I forgot to bring my camera, and my friend's one went low batt..aww..if not will be able to show you guys some pictures..)

Singapore..has only a few small events for fireworks..like the Chinese New Year, National Day, X'mas and New Year...And most of them are still considered low budget fireworks by Singapore Govt...despite how much publicity they put in..Can't compared to the ones at SFF...I watched one last year..leave me with deep memories..So..this year..I'm gonna catch more of the shows..on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday..Hopefully..wondering if there will people to accompany me a not..Hehe

Anyway..after the fireworks..we walked our way to Marina Square Starbucks to get some drinks..Received sms: Milopeng and Soul got into the Finals. Great! Then later, at 11pm..MiloPeng claimed the title of Singapore's first SuperBand!! WOW..why this band outshines others, based on my personal opinions..they are young..alot of hidden potentials to develop..talented with musical instruments..their image that appeal to uncles/aunties and youngsters.. So while Superband is over..Project SuperStar is coming up..Mediacorp sure knows it way to earn quick $$$!

Because I was sms-ing the whole day since the meal at PizzaHut till Starbucks..my friends had developed suspicions to WHO I am sms-ing to..Suppose to be a chilling out session...became an interrogate session..BOMBArBing with Lots of QuestiOns..Omg..so wanted to leave the place..Sigh..To a stage..I almost wanted to flare up..Argh

Hahhaa..So looking forward to tomorrow..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home