Sunday, July 23, 2006

Singapore HeritageFest 2006 - Expedition 'H' Trail

It might demoralising to work on a Sunday..but to me..it's definitely alright to me..

It will be the last day I'll work for the company. Singapore HeritageFest 2006 Project, is like a precious 'baby' to me..During my internship, I had spent about 2/3 of my time on this project; doing researches, contacting associations/societies to participate, firming out programme details..all contains my 'blood and sweat'...

Because I was in ICT for the past two weeks...I was not able to walk the ground to bring the participants for the various trails during the last weekend - 15th and 16th..I missed out the fun. Yesterday was supposed to go down too..but decided that I got more important things to do..Forgo my trip down..So left with today..the grand finale..the last day of Singapore HeritageFest 2006.

Brought my participants of about 70 for the trail (Beliefs, Faiths and Brotherhoods), to various locations to know more about Freemasonry, the Baha'i Faith, Jainism and Taoism.

Was suppose to push off the bus at 1.00pm..End up..having to wait for one stupid Angmo, and his gal..for about 20 mins..Reached the Freemason's Hall at Coleman Street..

(pictures....)

OMG..The host partner were so engrossed in introducing their history and artifacts, that we overshot the timing..So dulanz..Keep asking them to hurry up..but they continue talking..Anyway, after that we proceed on to meet the host partner of the Baha'i Faith at Singapore Council Women Organisation (SCWO)...Finally managed to see some pretty girls..Hahaahaa..This is worth the trip..=p

(pictures....)

Timing is tight..push for the 3rd stop point..the Singapore Jain Religious Society at Jalan Yasin..Their food sampling was nice..though it was vegetarian food..they were really tasty.

(pictures....)

By the time we move off from SRJS..it was already past the 5.00pm..the timing that the trail was supposed to end. Awww..Reached the last stop point..Yu Huang Dian Combined Temple at Jurong West..The Taoist group introduced the different deities in the temple..bring a whole new insight to me..

(pictures....)

Tired..But feel great..Event management isn't easy..=) it's a learning experience for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home