Saturday, July 15, 2006

First week of Reservist

The Journey to the West: (Keep it short and sweet)

Monday
Kind of unexpected..
Ronald was still able to come back for Reservist despite his studies, Kok Ann came back but left on the same night just to clear his medical review for downgrading. Well, he has grown 'rounder'. Hehe. Joel who I expected him to come back, didn't come back..because he just got a new job..so he defered.

So altogether..17 men..5 sergents..1 platoon commanders..The platoon is under-estab. Only 4 teams were formed. The drivers..were supposed to go for jeep orientation, only to know that they have to wait for hours before it was postponed till Wednesday. Evening..was SAR21 revision..to get ready for Tuesday's Combat Shooting Zeroing.

Tuesday
The day was spent at the Range...doing our Zeroing..Tiring day..First time saw the new out-ration boxes..Quite interesting..Think it's definitely more environmentally friendly than the traditional styrofoam boxes.

Wednesday
Suppose to have driving orientation in the morning..but was pushed till the noon..Fun..It's been a long time since I touched my 'second wife' Hahaahaa. Went driving to Lim Chu Kang and our unit camp *SIR..Missed the happy times our platoon had during the 2 years.

Thursday
Combat Shooting..First time trying out the Section Live Firing..At least it's not as siong as ATP Range..where we have to do run down from 300m...For a 6 men section, we managed to score 101 points..out of 120 for the day shoot. For the night shoot, the result was unknown..as it was not announced..So whether we got Marksmen a not...it's still a mystery..The Range was supposed to end at 11pm..but because of SAF's way of operating...it ended around 3.30am!! Reached back camp..bathe...and fall asleep at around 4.30am. What a shag day! Sigh...No complains..we had the 'better luck' than other companies, in terms that we got a training shed to shelter us during rain..and we got to go back to the camp earlier than other companies.

Friday/Saturday
Wake up at 9am. Okie..I only had around 4 hours of sleep. Then came the most feared training lesson - Intra-Venis Infusion (IVs). So me, Zhenhui, and Junwei grouped ourselves. Junwei, give me the IV first..He used the old vein that was once poked by Zhenhui during our active time. OMG! Pain..He was 'navigating' the needle in my vein..I was struggling to remain calm..but I think I reached a stage where I literally went high...Hahhaa. Took him quite some time to finish off...and I lost about 2-3 ml of blood..Next, Zhenhui did his IV on Junwei, everything went smoothly..nice attempt. And lastly, my turn to do my IV on Zhenhui, it went in smoothly too..The warrant officer keeps asking me to insert in further, so scare that I will hurt my buddy..haha. Thanks God, I didn't bring him as much pain as Junwei had gave me. Duhz..

Prepared our stores for the outfield..Was supposed to move off at 8pm..but then it delayed again..till 12am. Nothing interesting about the outfield..Execrise was cut at around 7am, and return back to camp. For the first time, Scout was last to insert...and the first to come back. In military context, Scout was always first to insert and the last to come back. Hahaha..Anyway we had our breakfast back in camp..and sleep till around 1pm..before heading for lunch. Book-out at around 5pm..and reached home at around 7pm..

Will need to book in tomorrow...at 23:00..So meanwhile..I will make full of the time available..

Sidenote:
I'm so glad that while I'm in camp...there is someone who I can send sms to...to keep me free from boredom..especially the night at Lim Chu Kang..with the stary night..and the bright moonlight..it's been a long time looking at the sky filled with little sparkling diamonds...

Well..Reservist wasn't that boring after all, with all your friends around you..It's just bond us closer, and of course..make us know each other better, to know who are true friends. Friends who you used to dislike..have turned out to be better-liking persons..This builds the friendship. However, there are some (or one) who will still remain as the platoon's..most dislike person..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home