Sunday, March 12, 2006

anyone misses my updates?

Finally..after a week of working..I got the chance to pen down on my entry this afternoon...

Remember, I was saying that I was doing nothing much on Tuesday? Well, after that day, I got some work piling up...doing translations for Chinese mainstream papers..That's one difficult task...it isn't easy to translate Chinese into English..Anyway, up till now, I had done several translations....I can imagine how stress my only Chinese colleague will be..besides doing her daily task..she needs to do this translations..when I have not come to join the company..sure take up alot of her times. Now..I guess I'm there to replace that job task of her's...

Media pitching was one toughest job too..OMG..everything also difficult..might as well don't work? Right..Haix. Suddenly ask me to talk to strangers..I was like abit nervous and uncomfortable. Don't know whether should I continue to work in PR..Dilemma. Talking to Chinese paper even more jialat..I'm suppose to speak to them in MANDARIN! You might think is an easy task, just like talking to friends..Hahaa..NO! Feels so embarrassed when I mixed mandarin and english together...until the person on the other side, says "I guess it will be better for you to speak to me in English." Lolx..find it so hard to replace English words to Chinese words. I was telling my colleague..why I suddenly I talked so sucky in my Mandarin..My the other friend, who teaches some courses in the school in Mandarin, also agree that it is not easy to speak when it involves some technical terms and jargons. Haahaa. I know they are friendly people lah..well, it takes time for me to brush up..be more confident..

Don't ask me to do radio transcript mannnn.....I think for I can go deaf with that earphones stuck in my ears for hours..A 5 min interview...can get me headaches and vomit blood..I keep rewinding and playing the tape for hundreds of times...trying to make head and toes of what they are saying..Damn it..in the end, the document got few highlighted words (those that I can't make up what they saying, speak so fast, English so chim, etc) Oh..did lecturers say that 1 min = 100 words? So 5 mins = 500 words right...BOO, I typed roughly close to 1000 words !!

Luckily, easy task was sending invites...copy and paste...Hahaa..At least no need to use much brain cells. But then after that, is the depressing part..because if they are not going to your event, you need to answer why..Scoldings not from Boss, but client..I've seen it..Well, if they are going, then congrats lah..means they might do coverage on your event at their newspaper.

Boss got 2 or 3 or 4 projects for me to handle? One is coming this wednesday...some photo exhibition. For those interested...Go NLB to take a look at 6pm..3rd and 4th are not confirmed one...cos he haven't got their business yet...so will need me to do company portfolio for him to see..Oh my..How to do?!! I need help man...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday

Went for class after work...the class was okie and fun..got to see a few of my friends despite this module wasn't part of my offered modules in my degree. Audrey, Athena, Diana..some other familiar faces (don't know names one)..and the big ego guy..PETER! Tiring...now I can understand working and doing part time study...No FUN. Almost wanted to fall asleep..But thanks to Mickey, our lecturer..his voice is so loud..and walking up and down the room...distracted my attention..and of course, my colleague..we were busy gossiping?bitching? Haahaa...

Friday

Again another full day at work..I mean till 11+pm leh..Went with my colleague to the airport to do a send-off (please read news). As usual, with her around..bitching and gossiping starts. Haahaa No offence lah..Don't take it to heart..Okie? Was introduced to a few persons like Roger, Anthony and Wendy..Quite a batch of funny people...Can't believe it...We were laughing and laughing....Someone tries to be 'tactical'...Change her name to 'E...' All kinds of jokes within that 2 hours..Nice knowing them...

Saturday

Big event!(So called..) Woke up around 5+, then take cab to Bishan...Went with my other colleague to get morning newspaper, she was saying the vendor is racist...cos the Tamil Murasu was kept behind a pile of other newspapers..so we only managed to get it after asking the vendor whether she has the paper a not. Haahaa.

So the event started, people start coming asking us for information, this and that..Oh please, we are not Information Booth...have to keep re-directing to the Registration place, answering some enquiries...That's not our job loh. Alot of aunties, uncles, babes? hunks? Don't have..Got lah..unless you say celebraties lor...Cynthia, Alan and Joanne. (Cannot further say bad thing about the event...Sensitive.)

Event ended around 10+am...went back office...my colleagues go do their job..and I go do my translation again..Boss called..scolded me.."Dumb or deaf.." regarding something..Couldn't make up what he say mah..he asked for date, so i give him 14th Mar loh..then he scolded..I said day..give him Tuesday loh..like that then he happy. Please lor..I really deaf lah..that stupid radio transcript...My colleagues left early and shut off their desktop..So when I finished my translations, I tried to save into our network folders...IT HANGED! Yeah that goes my day's effort..its a big article..I almost wanted to cry mannn...Nevermind..decided to go home too..

Weekend leh, I cannot go out enjoy wor...because I'm suppose to listen and tape down radio news..Sat and Sun burnt..kekeke..Bleah!!! Many more weekends to be burnt..('I'm looking forward to it') Cross-fingers. No complaint..my colleagues said...1st week only..I have no right to complain as compared to the one who burnt 4 weekends continously..

Coming Monday will be definitely be a busy day for me...need to go to NLB to be present for an interview..do a number of followups...

Oh did I mention that, I had began start taking breakfast lately..but then...I skipped my lunch..6 working days...I only ate 3 lunches...the others are small snacks like curry puffs..At this rate...I going to slim down...Haahaa. When I went for my class that wednesday, one friend commented I looked thinner as compared to one year ago! Waahaahaa..

I wouldn't have much time to blog le...so maybe will do a weekly update..so till then, hope my friends will continue to read my 'stories'...I'm sorry to those who had tried to ask me out during these few days...accompany them eat dinner or go shopping...Hope you guys understand..I also wished to come out..but then there are times, I'm abit tired...Please forgive me ah..

What a long post...

Love you all... >.<
jeff..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home