Monday, February 20, 2006

XX Olympic Winter Games 2006 at Torino

This is my first time watching the Olympic Winter Games..the previous Games..I was not able to watch them for example in 2002...I was enlisted into the Army..so that means I missed the opportunity to watch it..Back in 1998...I guess being a student...I was busy with school stuffs everyday...having lectures and projects the whole day..I missed the chance again..Haahaa

Finally...now I was able to watch it for the past few days...because I have more free time with myself..school workload was over...except for the preparation of exams..

Think it was a great experience to watch it other than the usual Olympic (Summer) games which we see every four years..back in 2004...the next one will be 2008 at Beijing. The winter games give me exposure to some games I never see before..Personally..I like events like Curling, Snowboarding, and best of all..Figure Skating.

Think it really fantastic to watch how the guy or gal, or a couple performing their stances..Yesterday..was suppose to study..but I watched the Ice Dancing (from 2am to 5.30am) in which the couples are suppose to perform rumba, salsa, chacha, samba etc..Splendid for most of them..especially the top few...the coordination, timing, creativity, synchronised movement was awesome..Graceful for the gal...and full of strength for the guy..Of course, there are some who failed miserably because of their lack in techniques..unable to catch or hold their partner causing her to fall down..that leads to deduction in marks..

Oh..there is this Paralympic Winter Games which also be held at Torino..Don't know whether will there be any live broadcast of the Games..The Games will be from 10 till 19 of March..Hmm..If I'm working by that time..means that I will not be able to watch it.. =( And just for your information, the next Olympic Winter Games will be in Vancouver 2010...

2 Comments:

Blogger hongjun said...

I like the "Ski Jumping". Not sure I got the name correct or not..
hehe

Tue Feb 21, 02:57:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger J.T.SkyRed said...

Yeah Ski Jumping..only managed to catch glimpse of it during the daily highlights..

Tue Feb 21, 06:17:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home