Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Moi comp died..

Yesterday, i switched on my computer..it was working fine..can go msn..surf net..After that, i logged off..and went for my dinner. Came the bad news when my brother says he surf web..and it hanged..So have to reboot lar..

There was nothing on the screen..but still can hear the CPU running. So i switched off and on the computer..This time the monitor show some error lar..what didn't shut off properly..want to switch to safe mode..normal mode..blah blah..After that..it blackout again. Then my 'Power ON' light on my CPU went off..But i still can hear my CPU running...Weird..So frustrated..Cos I need to rush a report..all my files are in the COM!! No backups..

Got some IT advices from two friends..but didn't help much.

Feeling so down and helpless..i sms 2 persons to talk to..Haix..Dunno what to do also..

Fall asleep holding on to my handphone..=(

Morning..Tried my last luck..not successful again. This time round, it shows an error that say that one of my files is missing or corrupt:
\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

????

I need a laptop!!! just for 1-2 weeks...Anyone kind enough to lend it to me? Pleaseeeeee

1 Comments:

Blogger hongjun said...

Read this from MS KB
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314477

If the above does not work, you may consider doing a windows repair.

When you boot from the XP CD it will start a "setup" session. In that process you will see in one of the first screens that it asks if you want to repair. Just ignore that and go on as you were installing a new XP. A few sceens later (when you have selected the existing partition to install on) in will ask if you want to install a fresh copy or if you want to repair the existing installation. Now you select repair and windows will re-install XP but all your settings and programs will be intact.

Tue May 23, 11:40:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home