Friday, February 09, 2007

e One to CGH

Morning everyone!! In about an hour's time..i'll be at the doctor's..

Will keep you guys updated..good or bad news..i guess it doesn't really matter much.

Updated at 11.40pm

Sorry friends..I don't think anyone of you will like to read this blog or hear this from me at this moment..I'm sorry to disappoint all the well wishes, you have blessed me..It sounds like a bad news to me afterall..when the doctor told me that the chances of having a third attack is as high as 70%..and more importantly...i need to be on medication for about 2 years, which is to minimize the chances of such attack.

Well, actually i'm prepared for such an answer. why? Because, during the first seizure, doctor already said the chances of having 2nd one is about 30% and after a 2nd one..the chances of having a 3rd one will be about 60%...and medication is needed for 2 years after the 2nd one. So more or less...i already know my fate is sealed. Things wouldn't be this bad if there wasn't a 2nd attack..But what has already happened had happened..History wouldn't change.

The truth is still hard to accept. Decided to SMS 4 friends ('Hippo', 'Black Orchid', 'Tatty Bear', 'Di Nu Hua'). Despite knowing that it was just a minor illness, i was telling them, i was feeling down knowing my own condition..They gave me words of encouragements..Thank you! This is an obstacle in my life..and I will need to overcome it!

So what else did the doctor say? No swimming unless with companions (ok. suntan will do. though 'dry swimming' will need 3 more companions)..No driving (i can't learn driving this 2 years?)..No alcohol drinks (boo!! 2 years no alcohol?). And most importantly - Rest more. If no seizure within 2 years..medication will not be needed after the time period.

Medication: 2 pills per day (day and night). Equals to 1460 pills in 2 years. Guess how much a pill cost? 10 cents! So the medicine costs me $146 for 2 years..Dirt Cheap! But the number of consultations i need to go...Cost = *Priceless*

To make matter worse..my parents want me to continue seeing the Chinese Sinseh. Gosh! So today, made a trip down. Told me to AVOID deep fried foods and cold drinks. Medicines were given (picture provided).

So...Now..In one day, I might have to swallow around 14 pills (western + chinese medicnes)...I might not die of seizure...But could i die of overdose of pills? or will i get high from such pills? i'm like a 'drug addict'...

P/S: Some 'people' has actually forgotten about my appointment.




My medicines!!

Erm..instead of 14...it now looks like 9 tablets of chinese medicine and 1 pill of western medicine. So..I'm taking 20 pills a day! WOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home