Saturday, November 04, 2006

e One with the aftermath of GES2006 (1)

Global Entrepolis @ Singapore 2006, held from 30 October - 2 November has officially come to an end.

Those 4 days..have been exceptionally tiring to both my mental and physical being..Running the whole event by myself, with little help from my supervisor was not easy. She basically threw everything to me!!! And her constant naggings keep going on and expect me to do it all by myself. I'm not NeZha..No 3 heads or 6 hands. One moment asking for this and that, when i'm running around like an amok.

As if the event is just enough to drown me, i'm being bothered by something else..i feel so suffocated, hardly able to breathe. I wish I could have just collapse on the spot and black out.

I really appreciate the helps from some of my colleagues. (though they can't read my blog) I'd like to extend my gratitude to them, namely:
  1. Ms Lina Kim (my office manager..the kind, gentle lady who always been there to help me when i can't split myself.)
  2. Mr J.H Kim (my admin director..the caring person who always ask me to rest and do things slowly, remember to eat lunch/dinner. "you are one strong guy")
  3. Ms Christine Chan (my contractor..the poor little and understanding girl, who has been drowned by my requests for items during those four days, when she herself is busy with other exhibitions too. i almost saw her breakdown. Thank gods..she is a tough girl!!)
  4. Ms Aihua (my helper..the girl who is so responsible to her work. if anyone needs helper for distributing flyers, FIND HER!! i'm so amazed at the speed she can distribute my thousand of flyers. Though she grumbled abit, but she still take her work seriously)
  5. Ms Felicia and Ms Kim (my helper and interpretator..the two girls wearing the three-layered korean costumes or 'hanbok'. Beauty and Elegance to describe them. Adding attractions to our exhibition booths. God knows how many people want to take pictures with them. Take note: we are the only korean exhibitors around. There are also some dressed in Vietnamese costumes too.)
  6. Mr Jonas and Ms Jessica (two other interpretors..helping me out in the admin work. Jonas is one good-looking korean guy...girls will definitely swoon after him..haha)
  7. Ms Suzy (the one that terrorise me..if not for her..i wouldn't have learn so much and gain this precious experiences.)

Of course not to forget my Korean Vendors..They are the one who makes this event a success! Without their kind co-operation and understanding, I wouldn't be able to put every little bits and pieces to form a picture of beautiful memories for them.

  1. GTT - Mr Kim and Mr Akira (the two friendly and approachable man. i was included in the names of people they want to thank, in the feedback form.)
  2. onTimetek - Mr Yu and Ms Kim (they always feel embarrased to ask me for help. another group of people who want to thank me, in the feedback form. Last day of event, they treated me to eat korean foods.)
  3. Lecast - Mr Chang (sooooo friendly..always give me a pat on my shoulder when i'm look stressed up.)
  4. Programbank - Ms Jin (the lady who give my a motherly feeling..chatted alot with her. Tried to help her with any possible way i can, since she came to S'pore alone.)
  5. e-plus - Mr Andy (the one who always talk funny stuffs..haha)
  6. thinkfree - Mr Victor (likes to joke alot...can fight with Mr Andy)
  7. ahnlab - Mr Phoon (the one i ought to owe an apology..made him so angry on the first day, and i received complaints from Suzy. He's a nice and forgiving guy..At the thank you dinner..he asked me to take good care of myself..)

Like i told some of my friends...i don't like the planning of events...the documentations are tedious...the coordinatings are even hell to me. But i like the executing the events, it suddenly brings out the leadership quality in me, providing the best customer services to my korean vendors...keeping myself busy with all kind of stuffs...weird huh??! afterall, it gives me a sense of achievement and satisfaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home